Web designing and web development are linked to each other even though both require very different skill sets. The concerns, priorities, and responsibilities shared by web designers and web developers are poles apart. Therefore, it is vital to understand how one domain is different from the other.
With that said, let’s first have a glimpse of web designing and web development basics. Read on.
What is Web Designing?
Designing a digital product is what web designing deals with. The digital product could be a website, computer software, a mobile application, or any other digital platform. Web designing deals with different elements like User Interface (UI) and User Experience UX).
Moreover, web designing also takes care of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The most important point that is acknowledged in web designing is usability of the created digital product. Furthermore, it is also about constructing layouts so that the website or app is visually appealing and attractive. In case you have a creative mind and technical background, you can join web designing training. For that matter, enrolling in the best web designing training in Ambala is going to be a perfect option for you.
What is Web Development?
As the name suggests, the process of building or developing digital products from scratch is dealt with in web development. Web development includes specialized tasks that include working on a web server, configuring network security, and much more. However, in present times, the use of the term ‘web development’ hovers over coding and writing markups.
Web development sometimes also covers web designing. Furthermore, a web developer has three types: front end, back end, and full-stack. These are based on the level of skills a person has and the areas of work. Just like web designing training, you can join web development training. However, for better results and easier understanding, make sure you join a job based training only.
Web Designer Roles
Let’s have a look at some of the roles a web designer has to fulfill in a professional environment.
- Creating a blueprint of a website using Adobe Photoshop, Framer, Sketch, and many more tools.
- Mastering logo designing and graphical representation of an idea.
- Making highly interactive and less complex websites.
- Designing proper slots in the website to facilitate the perfect fitting of images or buttons.
- Updating pre-existing formats of the websites as per change in the market trends.
- Introducing new features in digital products.
- Having knowledge about the usage of proper color and font format.
- Creating a website as per SEO rules for easier ranking on the web.
- Designing easier and balanced formats of a website.
Web Developer Roles
Check out the various roles that web developer needs to play as per the demand of the work. Keep reading.
- Accessing HTML, CSS, and other programming languages to create User Interface (UI) of a website.
- As a front-end web developer, structuring a web interface for faster loading is your job.
- Designing a web interface that could hold data from the back end.
- As a back-end web developer, you will check the proper database management and logic of a website.
- Mastering communication skills for easier exchange of ideas between front-end and back-end web developers.
- Bring the design suggested by the web designer into reality.
Job Prospects & Salary
As a web designer, it might be a little difficult for a web designer to get a job. However, a web developer has it easy. But, the web developer needs to be constantly updated by learning new skills and programming languages entering the market.
As far as salary is concerned, a web designer earns anywhere between $10 to $50 per hour. On the other hand, a web developer’s job salary ranges from $30 to $65 per hour.
The skills a web designer or a web developer possess are the only things that is going to separate a genius from rookie or newbie. However, you can always earn new skills by joining a training. Just make sure you enroll in the best industrial training in Ambala to learn from experts. With new skills, you are ready to tackle the competition and have a successful career.