Deciding to set up a beauty salon in Dubai is certainly a great idea and a profitable investment as people always require beauty treatments that ensure your business will most likely not endure any losses while generating constant revenues.
Moreover, in a city like Dubai where people enjoy a high quality of life and living standards along with significant disposable income, they do not shy away from spending more on their personal looks and grooming habits to look attractive.
Resultant, there will constantly be a high demand for such services with beauty salons doing exceptionally well, thereby making Dubai one of the thriving beauty markets.
Opening a beauty salon in Dubai is, therefore, seems to be a sensible move to create a niche for you in this speedily growing industry. Nonetheless, there are several prerequisites that as an investor you ought to meet in order to start your beauty salon business. Let us look at them.
Decide on Mainland or free trade zone
The process to set up a beauty salon in Dubai begins by deciding upon where you plan to open your beauty salon, namely free zone or mainland. However, among these two, Dubai mainland is one of the most preferred locations for setting up a Beauty Salon Business in Dubai.
The most important step for setting up a beauty salon in Dubai is to obtain the requisite license which will authorize you to set up and operate a salon here.
To start a salon, in a free zone or mainland jurisdiction, you need to acquire a license from the free zone authority or Dubai Economic Department (DED), respectively. Notably, the license issued for salon business set up is a professional license.
It worth mentioning, Dubai does not allow a unisex salon, thus there are two types of beauty salon licenses in Dubai, namely ladies beauty salon licenses or men’s beauty salon licenses.
|About Beauty Salon Licence|
|● Name of the License: Ladies beauty salon license in Dubai
● Activity Code: 930203
● Activity Group: Ladies salon
● License Type: Professional
|The activities allowed in ladies salon in Dubai includes of beautification, hair care services, cosmetic treatments.|
|● Name of the License: Men salon license in Dubai
● Activity Code: 930201
● Activity Group: Gents salon
● License Type: Professional
|This includes of hair dressing, other beauty treatment, cosmetic treatments and skin purification services.|
Choosing a trade name
Next step involves selecting a distinct name for your beauty salon which will require approval from either DED or free port approval. Ensure that the selected name by you is available for registering and adhere to all legalities.
Select premises or location for your salon
After the free zone or DED grants initial approval, you must secure appropriate commercial space for opening up the salon with the necessary infrastructure. In case, of rented premises arrange your tenancy contract (Ejari) as soon as possible.
Location is an indispensable factor that steers any business. Even the best salon in Dubai will not be able to attract potential customers and generate revenues, due to a poor choice of location. The ideal alternative is to analyze and then choose an easily accessible location while also keeping in mind the targeted audience, as it will help in the growth of your business.
Of note, the location you have selected then needs to get authorization from the Planning Department of Dubai Municipality. Further, it needs to abide by the infrastructural standards as specified by the Public Health & Safety Department.
The get clearance from Dubai municipality you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Salon employees are required to wear a uniform during working hours.
- Hygiene of the premises to be maintained.
- Adherence of the following infrastructure requirements of the beauty salon as cited by the Public Health & Safety Department:
- Approval of location approval by the Planning Department of Dubai Municipality.
- The salon must have a good construction.
- A hoarding is required to be placed at the front of the premise of the salon.
- Sufficient furniture, lighting, passable ventilation, exhaust fans, and sanitation are mandatory in the salon.
- The size of the dressing chairs must strictly meet the requirements of 3.0 meters wide X 3.5 meters in length.
- Chairs are to be placed at a minimum distance of 0.5 meters from the wall.
- The elevation between the ceiling and the floor must be more than 2.30 meters.
- There should be different areas for beauty treatments.
- Mandatory washbasins to be fit in hair cutting and facial rooms.
- Mandatory geyser in the salon.
- An adequate number of cupboards and drawers.
- The sufficient number of towels for customers.
- Covered dustbin.
- Availability of sterilizer machine and disinfectant materials.
- The interior walls and the roof of the salon to be made from fireproof materials.
- Every cosmetic product used in the beauty salon is to be approved by the Product Safety Division of Dubai Municipality.
- All machines to be used in the salon are to be authorized by the Dubai Health Authority.
- Availability of updated staff list and OHC Inspection form.
Memorandum of Association (MoA) or Local Service Agent Agreement (LSA)
Depending on the legal form of the company, the MoA or an LSA is required to be completed and duly signed. This document will be notarized and legalized at the court.
Creating license application
Finally, the last step in the process involves creating your license application. To be noted, that if you are planning to have your beauty salon set up on the mainland then you must file your application to the DED. However, in case you have decided upon setting up in a free zone then you can directly apply to that particular free zone.
When making your application, you will need to provide the following documentation along with the license fees:
- Completed application form
- Passport size pictures
- Passport copy of the shareholders or business partners (if any)
- Visa of the shareholders (if any)
- Shareholder or partner having Emirate ID
- Memorandum of Association (must be notarized)
- Local Service Agent Agreement (LSA)
- Valid residence or tourist visa (in case of ex-pat)
- Sponsor’s No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Beauty salon name approval copy from DED
- Tenancy contract (Ejari)
- Approval from the Dubai Municipality Planning Section
- Approval from the Health and Safety Division of the Dubai Municipality
- Valid Dubai Health Authority License for the staff
Company establishment & labor card
Once your license is ready, you will need your company establishment & labor cards this will enable you to hire appropriate staff in case they are from other countries. With these cards, you can apply for investor or employment visas.
Set up your Beauty Salon business in Dubai!
A lot of entrepreneurs’ especially new entrants face complexities in the incorporation of a beauty salon in Dubai as it involves a tedious procedure. But, you need not worry anymore and contact Shuraa. We assure you to provide assistance to you in the best possible way so that you are able to start your beauty salon without any botheration and at the quickest possible time!